We have just wrapped up our first two weeks of camp, and we had a blast!
Some highlights were:
1) Watching campers ride up hills they've never been able to ride up before;
2) Watching campers make technical sections for the first time;
3) Lots of laughing!
4) Playing in the pool;
5) Sitting in a circle eating lunch together and sharing stories;
6) Watching our counselors grow into their leadership role;
7) Seeing the counselors do a jump, followed by a few intrepid campers!
8) Getting many compliments from hikers who said our group was very polite - we hope we are teaching the kids to be respectful trail users;
9) Getting to know old friends better and making new friends;
10) Getting laughed at and schooled by our counselors after apparently breaking every unwritten rule of etiquette pertaining to Instagram (Sorry - we were just trying to share photos with you all at home!);
11) And, as always, the biggest highlight is watching the growth of confidence and skill in each camper after a week spent on the bike.